Since I've decreased my hours from full-time to part time hours at the office to spend more time at home to follow my own personal entrepreneurial journey, I've been having some pretty crazy days. And to be honest, mornings are THE WORST. I've had a leftover haze from being up all night on the computer and the overwhelming feeling that I've spent the whole day working on things, all to end up not actually feeling like I haven't accomplishing anything at the end of the day.
I would start my day, waking up around 7:30am to take my dog out for a bathroom break, then crawl back into bed. Then spend an hour scrolling through Instagram and Facebook on my cellphone from bed until I finally make my way to my desk to come up with a plan for the day around 11a. The struggle between deciding what I want to do, what I need to do and actually accomplishing those things are real and I know I'm not alone.
So I'm proposing this to myself and others: Manifesting a Morning Ritual. What I plan for myself isn't crazy or outrageous, but I believe it will make a insurmountable change in my daily process towards productivity. So here is my routine form 7AM - 11AM:
- Make the bed.
- Stay away from a screen (computers, television, phones, etc)
- Make a healthy breakfast.
- Sit and do something creative.
- Listen to music.
- Stay away from text messages.
- Start a day in my home in my worksspace by doing my most creative tasks (develop ideas for blog stories, shoot something for the blog, etc)
- Finally, finish the morning with a workout.
P.S What morning rituals do you (or will you) follow to get yourself started for the day to accomplish your goals?